INFORMATION FOR FOREIGN PATIENTS Click here
Organizing and receiving medical treatment in a foreign country can be difficult and generate anxiety. There are multiple issues : Administrative and logistical to be managed. Distance and language barriers increase the feeling of isolation.
Every year, numerous patients from all over the World come to our institution for the surgical treatment of complex pathology. We are used to treat international patient and we are therefore well equipped and organized to understand and satisfy the needs of international patients.
Care applications for foreign patient
The Greater Paris University Hospitals offer a new procedure for care applications from international patients. The doctor, patient or foreign institution has to send the medical record to the secured messaging service of the selected referent doctor.
Contact information :
Professor Sébastien Froelich, Head of department
Assistant : Mrs Tamara Le-Chapelain, Tel +33 (0) 1 44 95 81 44
Email : email@example.com
Our department commits to provide a recommendation including :
- A letter from the neurosurgeon confirming the care agreement and treatment recommendations. This documents will be necessary to receive international medical treatment, including visa request.
Our administration will submit a Medical care costs quote.
The acceptance of the quote by the patient leads to a mandatory prepayment of the care hospital group finances board (a postpayment is allowed for some specific organizations which benefit from some pre-agreements). When the payment is certified an hospitalization date will be communicated to the patient giving him the possibility to get a medical visa at the French consulate, if necessary.
Prior the final confirmation of treatment and surgery, a consultation with your neurosurgeon will be organized, either in advance or at least 5 days before the scheduled surgery.
Our team can :
- Help you to schedule clinic appointments and diagnostic tests,
- Assist you with hospital admission and insurance verification, financial estimates and payments,
- Provide Interpreter services for patients and family
- Communicate with the physicians from your country before and after your stay.